As we enter the annual Season of Creation today on the World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation, and continue the celebration through the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi on October 4th, we are being asked to “Listen to the Voice of Creation.”
The Psalmist declares, “The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims God’s handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge…their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the Earth, and their words to the end of the world.” (19: 1-4)
The Season of Creation is so special because it’s a time to listen and renew our relationship with our Creator and all creation through celebration, conversion, and commitment. May we join our sisters and brothers in the ecumenical family in prayer and action for our common home – truly hearing the cry and glory of creation and acting in faith to protect and love it.
To help us do this, Catholic Climate Covenant has compiled 2022 Season of Creation resources from our U.S. Catholic partners, as well as the main international Season of Creation partners.
Here are a few:
- Visit the ecumenical Season of Creation website for resources and information of how you and your community can participate in the Season of Creation.
- For Catholic resources go here and for the 2022 Celebration Guide go here.
- Catholic Climate Covenant’s 2022 Feast of St. Francis Program: Ecospirituality: Behold God in Everything!.
- Season of Creation Liturgical banner and the informational flier to accompany the Season of Creation liturgical banner, What is the Season of Creation?
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Season of Creation Bulletin Insert
- Catholic Health Association, Season of Creation 2022: Utilizing prayers from Sr. Beatrice Hernandez, OSF, Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Coordinator for the Wheaton Franciscans
- National Catholic Reporter, Season of Creation Daily, a mini 30+ day retreat with 2 minutes a day reflections delivered straight to your inbox. Subscribe here.
- See U.S. Catholic community events here and submit your events here.
View more Season of Creation 2022 resources here.