Especially since their 1991 pastoral statement Renewing The Earth, the U.S. Catholic bishops have identified creation care and climate change as moral issues for all people of faith and goodwill. In particular, the bishops recognize that environmental degradation disproportionately harms the poor and marginalized who are often least responsible for its causes.
USCCB has published a new book, “Catholic Teaching on the Environment” for the anniversary of Laudato Si. This easily digestible book brings together the writings of the Magisterium and the words of Sacred Scripture, and offers prayers for creation and in praise of the Creator. Get your copy here.
- Letters and statements of welcome and thanksgiving for Laudato Si’ from over 110 U.S. bishop
- Renewing the Earth
- The Moral Dimensions of Energy Policy
- World Day of Peace
- Alaska Bishops Letter to Senators
- Facing the Wind – What are the signs? (Most Reverend William Skylstad )
- Remarks for the Ecological Society of America (Most Reverend Jaime Soto)