2022 Lenten Season Resources:
- Diocese of Worcester 2022 Lenten Care for Creation Calendar. The Environmental Stewardship Ministry of the Diocese of Worcester is pleased to offer this calendar of facts and actions as a family program to engage everyone in thoughtful discussion about our relationship with God's creation and our obligations to each other.
- Care for Creation 2022 Lenten Calendar, Created by Church of St. Francis Xavier Environment Ministry. Special thanks to Mary Jane Gocher, Church of St. Francis Xavier, New York City, for preparing these.
Interfaith Power and Light (DC-MD-NoVA) Lenten Calendars
- Download the 2022 DC Calendar.
- Download the 2022 Maryland Calendar.
- Download the 2022 Northern Virginia Calendar.
- Lenten Creation Care Calendar in Spanish
- 2022 Lenten Calendar from Creation Justice Ministries. A tool to do creation justice work and connect more fully with our God.
Other Lenten resources:
- Resources from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Includes Creation Ministries of the Rosary, Ecological Way of the Cross, and Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving.
- Stations of The Cross - Renew the Earth - Jesuit Refugee Service, USA: The Stations of the Cross is an ancient tradition and a spiritual pilgrimage of accompanying Christ in his passion. While Christ’s Passion existed in history, the Passion continues to play out in modern times. Our sisters and brothers fleeing the damage done by climate change make great sacrifices along their journey to find safety. These Stations of the Cross as a way to walk with Jesus through the streets of Jerusalem, and also to walk with those who have been displaced by the effects of climate change around the world. (Available in English and Spanish)
- Environmental Stations of the Cross, created by the Care for Creation Ministry of Holy Rosary and Our Lady of Guadalupe parishes in Seattle, WA (West Seattle).
- Laudato Si' Lent, Ignatian Solidarity Network. Each week during Lent, you will receive one email with information on one of the Laudato Si' Action Platform (LSAP) goals as well as suggestions for easy, medium, and hard ways to engage that goal individually, in your family, or in your community, school, or parish. Register here to receive weekly email!
- Lenten Lament for Creation, West Side Creation Care Team (Cleveland). Includes a Creation Stations of the Cross linking climate change pains to Jesus' sufferings.
- Laudato Si' Lent, LISTENING-Continuing our Journey of Ecological Conversion. Laudato Si' Movement's 2022 Lent program invites you to reflect on six different weekly themes and join them each Friday for an Ecological Way of the Cross.
- Greener Lent: The 2022: Diocese of Raleigh, NC is promoting this excellent program designed for Catholics to reduce their impact on the environment through a community Lenten fast. Acknowledging that the poor are affected first and most by the climate crisis, and in keeping with Catholic tradition of abstaining from meat on certain days during Lent, we reduce our environmental impact by reducing our own meat consumption and as a sign of repentance and love of our neighbors who are most vulnerable to the effects of the climate crisis. All parishes/families everywhere are welcome to join!
- Lenten Reflection Guide 2022: Upholding Human Dignity and Human Rights, by the Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns. The contains weekly reflections, questions, prayers, and actions based on each week’s Scripture readings in light of Catholic social teaching on human rights and Maryknoll mission experience. Use this guide individually or in small groups to reflect upon your life patterns, to pray more deeply, and to renew your spirit to face the realities of our world.
- Lenten Reflections on the Care for Creation, daily reflections for the 40 days of Lent. Produced by Fr. Emmet Farrell and edited by Mr. Roman Fernandez, Diocese of San Diego Creation Care Network
- CRS Bring Lent to Life at Home-wonderful resource to help families observe Lenten practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Participate in Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl and connect with families throughout the world.
- Creation Care Lenten Study (Earth Ministry)
- EcospiritualityResources.com has several great Lent resources:
1) Laudato Si’ Reflection Resource: This material focuses on Laudato Si’, Pope Francis’ encyclical highlighting the unity of all creation, current threats to it, relevant Scripture, causes of the problems, and potential solutions. Participants will read and pray with quotes from the document, discuss them and take actions. It also includes suggestions for music and media.
2) Creation Covenant: Lenten Reflections on Integral Ecology: This material focuses on the interconnection of all creation and importance of healthy ecosystems for the present and future wellbeing of all species, including human.
3) Lenten Reflections on Air: This material focuses on the sacred gift of air, the divine Mystery living and acting within that gift, the current quality of air on planet Earth, and how we can respond in faith to this knowledge.
- USCCB information page regarding Good Friday liturgy