“Encounter for Our Common Home” - a campaign calling upon our fellow Catholics to meet with their U.S. Senators the week of May 2-6, 2022 to support legislation that meaningfully addresses the climate crisis. For more information on Encounter Campaign go to: https://godsplanet.us/advocacy
Watch webinar #2: "The Legislative Encounter" here.
Webinar #1 focuses on the following questions:
1) Why are advocacy and care for creation integral aspects of our faith?
2) Why do we need to ask their Senators to act on climate now?
3) Why are our Catholic voices so important? Why are we using the word “encounter”?
1) Emily Burke, young Catholic climate activist and Catholic Climate Covenant social media manager
2) Miriam Hidalgo, Catholic writer and speaker, and expert in catechesis, youth and Hispanic ministry
3) Michael Hebbeler, director of Discernment and Advocacy Education, Center for Social Concerns, University of Notre Dame
Moderator: Russ Testa, Director JPIC Office Holy Name Province