In the news we hear a lot about institutions divesting from fossil fuels including some Catholic institutions. Have you wondered what this means? Are you curious as to why this is happening or would like to know how different institutions use their portfolios to address social issues?
In this webinar we will delve into:
1) How Catholic institutions see divestment from fossil fuels and investments in clean energy companies as a way to demonstrate care for creation.
2) How Catholic institutions with investment portfolios decide whether to invest in or divest from corporations and other interests involved in fossil fuel activities.
3) How investors from Catholic and other faith institutions ensure their investments align with the demands of their faith.
• Fr. Séamus Finn, OMI, Chief of Faith Consistent Investing for the OIP Investment Trust, consultant to the Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation ministry of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, United States Province, and Chair of the Board of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility.
• Amy Woolam Echeverria, International Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation Coordinator. Missionary Society of St. Columban and Founding Board President of the Global Catholic Climate Movement.