A motivational, inspirational, and instructional webinar with a fantastic group of Catholic creation care champions!
Webinar gives you:
1) Concrete ideas and innovative examples for how to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 5th anniversary of Laudato Si”.
2) Information on how other parishes, schools, dioceses, and religious communities have set Laudato Si’ into action.
3) Resources that are available to help you plan for Earth day and Laudato Si' at 5.
Bulletin blurbs from the St. Thomas More Care for Creation Ministry in St. Paul, MN.
All Creation Gives God Praise: Protecting Biodiversity in a Time of Climate Crisis
SPECIAL NOTE: April 22, 2019 marks the 49th anniversary of Earth Day, a secular celebration that many faith communities have incorporated into their annual calendars for awareness and action. This year, Earth Day falls on the Saturday before Easter (April 22nd). Therefore, we recommend celebrating Earth Day during the Easter season or another date that suits your community's schedule.
An information-packed webinar examining:
1) How our food system (the way we produce, transport, and consume food) is responsible for over a quarter of all greenhouse gas emissions.
2) How we can take action, both individually and as Catholic communities, to reduce our damaging “foodprints” on our common home.
3) How we can make food choices that are sustainable, less wasteful, and just.
June 18th, 2019 marks the fourth anniversary of the release of Pope Francis’ encyclical, "Laudato Si’: On Care for Our Common Home." During the past four years, parishes, schools, colleges and universities, healthcare facilities, and religious communities have responded with faith, passion, and enormous creativity to the Pope’s call to care for creation and care for the poor.
You’ve heard about the Green New Deal, an ambitious, visionary, and for some, controversial Congressional proposal to deal with the urgent climate crisis while simultaneously investing in job creation and advancing social and racial justice. Do you have questions about how we as people of faith should respond to the Green New Deal?
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, Catholic Climate Covenant hosted this educational webinar to discuss Catholic Social Teaching and The Green New Deal.
Every year, Catholic Climate Covenant produces a one-hour educational program. This year we are focusing on the issue of protecting biodiversity to complement the Earth Day Network's "Protect Our Species" campaign. In the webinar we explore why the Earth day Network chose the theme of "Protecting Our Species" and all the wonderful resources and toolkits that they have available for your use. We also delve into the Covenant's Earth Day program and how you can facilitate a program in your parish, school, or religious community.