Tips For Reducing Your Impact
Adopt an Earth-Friendly Diet
Choosing to go meatless one day a week will make a big impact on your carbon footprint. Meat and dairy production generate large amounts of greenhouse gases. Explore vegetarian dining options once a week to delight your tastebuds and shrink your footprint.
Who We Are
The Catholic Climate Covenant is governed by a Steering Committee. The Steering Committee helps us achieve our aim to protect God’s Creation and advocate on behalf of people in poverty who face the harshest impacts of global climate change. Among these members, fourteen are national Catholic organizations who have agreed to be part of the Catholic Climate Covenant to offer advice and guidance for our ongoing projects, programs and strategic directions. The Steering Committee membership includes:
- From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
- Catholic Charities USA
- Catholic Relief Services
- Catholic Health Association of the United States
- Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men
- Carmelite NGO
- Catholic Rural Life
- Franciscan Action Network
- National Council of Catholic Women
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- National Catholic Education Association
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
The Catholic Coalition on Climate Change supports and complements the work of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development and its Environmental Justice Program.
The Coalition’s efforts are generously supported by the National Religious Partnership for the Environment, foundations and YOU!. If you wish to support our efforts, please click on the “DONATE” button above. Thank you!
We share ideas, information and programs with overseas partners who are also addressing the issue of climate change from a Catholic perspective. Partners include: