Tips For Reducing Your Impact
Save Gas, Save Energy
Keep your tires properly inflated. Every pound underinflation uses 6% more gas. And tune up your car. A poorly tuned car can use 25% more gas.
Who We Are
The Catholic Climate Covenant is governed by a Steering Committee. The Steering Committee helps us achieve our aim to protect God’s Creation and advocate on behalf of people in poverty who face the harshest impacts of global climate change. Among these members, fourteen are national Catholic organizations who have agreed to be part of the Catholic Climate Covenant to offer advice and guidance for our ongoing projects, programs and strategic directions. The Steering Committee membership includes:
- From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
- Catholic Charities USA
- Catholic Relief Services
- Catholic Health Association of the United States
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men
- Carmelite NGO
- Catholic Rural Life
- Franciscan Action Network
- National Council of Catholic Women
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- National Catholic Education Association
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
The Catholic Coalition on Climate Change supports and complements the work of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development and its Environmental Justice Program.
The Coalition’s efforts are generously supported by the National Religious Partnership for the Environment, foundations and YOU!. If you wish to support our efforts, please click on the “DONATE” button above. Thank you!
We share ideas, information and programs with overseas partners who are also addressing the issue of climate change from a Catholic perspective. Partners include: